Charting Time

  1. #1
    Annie
    Guest

    Charting Time

    Hi
    I have a temperature graph that I need to chart over time. From 0 to 168hrs
    but the Log chart in Custom Types gives me even spaces between the times
    which is not what I want .25mins to 168 hrs? If I was to plot the graph in
    minutes it would be too vast - huge!
    Is there any add-ins available to do this type of graph.

    Thanks
    --
    Kind regards

    Ann Shaw

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Charting Time

    No add-ins necessary, just use Excel. You can put your data in decimal hours
    if you want, or enter it as hh:mm format. Don't include text labels in the
    same cell, or Excel will treat the times as categorical labels. Make an XY
    chart, not a line chart, with the times as the X values and your other
    variable as the values.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP