Can I create an Excel chart from non-contiguous data cells?

  1. #1
    Guest

    Can I create an Excel chart from non-contiguous data cells?

    Using Excel Office 2003, I'm being asked to create charts from existing
    worksheets, often several within a workbook, using specific cells
    (total/average cells). The cells are not adjacent to one another, but they
    are identical from one worksheet to another. In my case, the cells are K15,
    K29, K42, W15, W29, and W42. I'd like a separate chart for each worksheet,
    and would like to have the chart automatically created once the data is in
    the worksheet. Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Can I create an Excel chart from non-contiguous data cells?

    You can select discontiguous data by selecting one area, then holding CTRL
    while selecting additional areas. Record a macro while creating such a
    chart, and use the macro to recreate the charts on demand. You might find
    some helpful charting and programming hints on my web site starting here:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...kChartVBA.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP