Can a chart reference the local page

  1. #1
    Mike H
    Guest

    Can a chart reference the local page

    I have a weekly page of data, with charts on that page that reference that
    data. Each week I copy the page and rename it for the new week, but the
    charts (and pivot table) keep pointing back to the old week. How can I set
    up the charts to reference the data on the same page as the chart?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Can a chart reference the local page

    Copy the whole sheet, with the embedded chart on it. Copy the new data, and
    paste it in place in the copied sheet.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mike H
    Guest

    Re: Can a chart reference the local page

    That was pretty close. Turns out, I was copying by ctrl-A, ctrl-C, ctrl-V,
    and that doesn't work, but right click on the page tab and click Copy/Move
    references the chart to the local page, even after I change the page name.
    But it doesn't work for the pivot table. Any ideas for that?
    Mike H.

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Can a chart reference the local page

    You have to click in the pivot table, run the wizard, go back, and change
    the source data range of the pivot table.

    - Jon
    -------