How do I set up a chart in Excel with lines and stacked bars?

  1. #1
    Jan
    Guest

    How do I set up a chart in Excel with lines and stacked bars?

    I am trying to set up a chart that will have stacked bars overlayed with a
    line graph. Is this possible to do?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a chart in Excel with lines and stacked bars?

    Hi,

    Yes it is possible if you are not using the 3d styles.
    Create the stacked column chart based on all your data. Then select the
    series you want to plot as a line. Use the menu Chart > Chart Type... to
    select the required line chart style.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a chart in Excel with lines and stacked bars?

    First make the chart as a stacked columns chart.
    IN the chart, right click on the data series to be a line; select Chart Type
    and specify Line
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme