Pivot Chart Help!

  1. #1
    Paul
    Guest

    Pivot Chart Help!

    I have an Excel Pivot Table which is showing the average spending on the
    Canadian provinces by the fiscal year. The Fiscal Year is on the row area
    and the Province is on the column area and the average spending is a
    calculated field from the sum of spending divide by the population of a
    given fiscal year. At the bottom of the pivot table it show the "Grand
    Average" spending of all fiscal years for a given province. I use this Pivot
    table to create a Pivot Chart with the fiscal year on the x-axis and the avg
    spending on the y-axis. Diff color of line for each province is plotted on
    the chart. However I want to include the "Grand Average" spending data to
    the chart. How? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Chart Help!

    Pivot charts don't allow you to plot data from outside the pivot table. If
    it helps, you can make a regular chart from a pivot table. Select a blank
    chart away from the PT, and start the chart wizard. In step 2, click on the
    Series tab, and add each series separately (or else Excel converts it to a
    pivot chart against your wishes). This chart will allow you to use all of
    the features and workarounds that go with regular charts.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions