Showing a break in the Y axis

  1. #1
    Craig
    Guest

    Showing a break in the Y axis

    Can I adjust the vertical Y axis to show some physical break into two
    parts?...the lower part, showing the 0 mark at the base of the Y axis, then
    above the break (the break indicated by something like a couple lightning
    bolt lines one above the other), I want the y axis to start at 10, then go
    up to 15, 20 ...I want to emphasize a rising dramatic line trend from say 10
    to 20 yet still see the zero tick on the Y axis...the values the line is
    based on range from 10 to 20, but if you show the zero on the y axis , the
    line looks more flat that plotting it from a scale of 10 to 20.

    Thank you

    Craig

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Showing a break in the Y axis

    It's not built in, but you can fake it. here is one technique, and it has
    links to a couple others:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

    - Jon
    -------