Followup:Add vertical line at intersection of 2 curves (Ping AndyPope)

  1. #1
    LeAnne
    Guest

    Followup:Add vertical line at intersection of 2 curves (Ping AndyPope)

    Okay, I've been hammering away at this for days now, and I *still* just
    do not get it. I've been _trying_ to use the user-defined function
    created by Andy Pope (http://www.andypope.info/charts/intersection.htm)
    to find all the intersecting points of 2 "lines" (actually xy scatter
    plots with visible markers) on a chart, and then create a vertical line
    (or multiple lines) on the chart at the intersection point (or points).
    I downloaded the intersection demo .zip file. I copied both
    procedures from the demo into my workbook. I changed all my
    column/field names to match Andy's example. I named the range of values
    for LineB. But I cannot for the life of me get the IntersectComplex()
    function to work (keep getting a #NAME? error). As I mentioned before,
    I'm a bumbling code buffoon and so have no idea what I'm doing wrong or
    how to fix it. Please, could someone take pity on me and walk me
    through the process (preferably in words of 1 syllable so I can "get
    it") before my head explodes?

    tia,

    LeAnne, bumbling code buffoon :-(

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Followup:Add vertical line at intersection of 2 curves (PingAndy Pope)

    Hi LeAnne,

    If you email me, not the newsgroup, you workbook I will have a look see.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    LeAnne
    Guest

    Re: Followup:Add vertical line at intersection of 2 curves (PingAndy Pope)

    Thank you thank you!!!!

    L.