Excel chart, changing into sections to color

  1. #1
    rrupp
    Guest

    Excel chart, changing into sections to color

    I have a line chart. The user is dividing the chart, manually, with verticle
    lines. In one section, he wants the chart to be red, in the next section he
    wants it blue and the third section he wants it yellow. I think it's a neat
    concept but in trying everything I can think of, I'm not thinking it's
    possible. The lines color cannot be changed mid-stream. Any thoughts??

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Excel chart, changing into sections to color

    Do you want the lines or the background to change color?

    Here are examples showing in principle how to change colors behind the
    lines:

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...tml#Background

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Excel chart, changing into sections to color

    Hi,

    If you want the line to change colour at the mid points of a section
    then one way would be to use additional data series with twice as many
    data points. You will need to link to the original data points and
    calculate via formula the new mid points.

    See example chart and file I have created.
    http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng50.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    --