Series with noncontiguous unequal length data?

  1. #1

    Series with noncontiguous unequal length data?

    I have 12 months of data and an average of the 12 months that are in a
    series on a chart. I reference the data using an offset formula.

    I would like to move the average at the bottom of the column of data to
    another column, but I don't know a way to still include that one cell
    in the series with the 12 months of data in the original column.

    Is there a way to do this?

    Thanks for any advice!

  2. #2
    SimonCC
    Guest

    RE: Series with noncontiguous unequal length data?

    Copy the cell that was moved.
    Select the chart.
    From the top menu goto Edit --> Paste Special...
    Make sure New Points is selected in the pop up dialog box, and click OK.
    That one point should be pasted to the end of your series.

    -Simon

  3. #3

    Re: Series with noncontiguous unequal length data?

    Thanks Simon, but I should have been clearer in my original post.

    I'm trying to find a way to plot a series in a dynamic chart and what
    is needed is a way to alter the offset formula in the named formula so
    two ranges are referenced and included in the same series. Either that
    or it happens in the chart reference as your solution suggests, but
    maybe it could do this with another named formula for the additional
    point at the end.

  4. #4
    SimonCC
    Guest

    Re: Series with noncontiguous unequal length data?

    So sounds like you got the offset formula part taken care of for both the
    regular points and the extra point. If I understand correctly, they are both
    named ranges and represented by offset formula. I'm guessing you only need
    to know how to put both named ranges in the same series? Hopefully I am
    correct.

    If that's the case, just right click chart to select Source Data...
    In the Values box for the series, put:
    =(Sheet#!Range1,Sheet#!Range2)
    It's important to include the sheet name or else it won't work.

    Hopefully I'm not answering the wrong question again. :p

    -Simon