Z-order Plotting Area

  1. #1
    Geert Porteman
    Guest

    Z-order Plotting Area

    Hi,

    How can I change the Z-order of objects in the plotting area?
    I Added a rectangle, which was meant to appear in the background, but it
    covers my data series.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Z-order Plotting Area

    Hi,

    All embedded objects within the chart will appear above the actual
    charting layer.

    Maybe you could produce the rectangular area using dummy data series.
    What information does the rectangle relate to in the context of your chart?

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Geert Porteman
    Guest

    Re: Z-order Plotting Area

    Hi,

    After plotting the value lines, I created several horizontal rectagles from
    Green (ideal values), over Orange (warning values) to Red (alert values).
    My colored zones covered my value lines, and I don't know how to move them
    to the background, although in the properties menu there seems to be a
    possibility. However, it doesn't work.

    Greetings,
    Geert

  4. #4