Creating a plot in Excel with SeriesCollection

  1. #1
    CLamar
    Guest

    Creating a plot in Excel with SeriesCollection

    I have some code that makes a plot of some data that is in an Excel wksht.
    The code makes a plot but it isnt correct. The code now, does two plots
    where each series is a set of y-values. I want a plot where there is a
    series collection for x and y - values (F column should be x and G column
    should be y). Below is the code any modifications would be helpful

    Sub VRHCharts()
    Dim LastCellx As Long
    Dim LastCelly As Long
    On Error Resume Next
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Charts("VRH1").Delete
    On Error GoTo 0

    With Worksheets("datatable")
    LastCellx = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "F").End(xlUp).Row
    LastCelly = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Row
    End With

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Charts.Add
    ActiveChart.Name = "VRH1"
    With ActiveChart
    .SeriesCollection.NewSeries
    .SeriesCollection.Add _
    Source:=Worksheets("datatable").Range("f2:F" & LastCellx)
    .SeriesCollection.Add _
    Source:=Worksheets("datatable").Range("g2:G" & LastCelly)
    .HasTitle = True
    .ChartType = xlXYScatterSmooth
    .HasLegend = False
    .ApplyDataLabels Type:=xlDataLabelsShowValue
    .Axes(xlCategory).TickLabels.Orientation = xlHorizontal
    .ChartTitle.Font.Bold = True
    .ChartTitle.Font.Size = 12
    .PlotArea.Top = 18
    .PlotArea.Height = 162
    .Axes(xlValue).MaximumScale = 0.6
    .Deselect
    End With
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    End Sub

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Creating a plot in Excel with SeriesCollection

    This was the proper place to post but I saw in .misc first. Please post in
    ONE group only.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLamar
    Guest

    Re: Creating a plot in Excel with SeriesCollection

    Sorry about that but the guy that was helping me with the problem suggested
    that i post it in here