Date on X-axis question

  1. #1
    pokdbz
    Guest

    Date on X-axis question

    I have Dates on the X-axis of a chart. I would like the markers or ticks to
    be the actually dates. But the way it is now it has the major unit as 7 so
    it is showing every tick every 7 days. But if the data skips a couple weeks
    I would not like it to show the ticks inbetween. So I just want the dates
    on the x-axis

    Does this make sense?

    Any ideas of how to fix this?

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Date on X-axis question

    Excel has detected a time series; you want to tell it to treat dates as
    simple category values.

    1)Right click chart; use Chart Option form popup menu
    2)Open the Axis tab; under X-axis, click the Category option box (either
    automatic or time series will be selected before you do this)

    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme