Insert text in Cell A1 based on keyword criteria

  1. #1

    Insert text in Cell A1 based on keyword criteria

    I want to populate cell A1 with specific text (the word "Active")
    whenever the word "Yes" is found in cells A2:A20. Whenever the word
    "Yes" is not found in cells A2:A20 I want to leave cell A1 blank.

  2. #2
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: Insert text in Cell A1 based on keyword criteria

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I want to populate cell A1 with specific text (the word "Active")
    > whenever the word "Yes" is found in cells A2:A20. Whenever the word
    > "Yes" is not found in cells A2:A20 I want to leave cell A1 blank.

    =IF(COUNTIF(A2:A20,"Yes")>0,"Active","")
    --
    David Biddulph