How can I not graph a 0 value.

  1. #1

    How can I not graph a 0 value.

    I have a graph that is charting monthly sales over an 8 year period. I have my chart set to automatically update as the future data is entered. My problem is that I want my y axis to show all 8 years and my graph line to stop at the current month and not graph the zero values for the future months. Does anyone know how I can do this?

  2. #2
    erin_taylor
    Guest

    RE: How can I not graph a 0 value.

    Go to Tools>Options, Click on the Charts tab and choose the "not plotted
    option"

  3. #3
    Thanks. I tried the "do not plot" and it worked great if my cells were empty, however, the cells that my source data covers are formulas and the graph is reading the formulated cells as 0 and charting it. Any suggestions on how I can make my formulas appear to be empty so my graph won't chart it?

  4. #4
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: How can I not graph a 0 value.

    "jbd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Thanks. I tried the "do not plot" and it worked great if my cells were
    > empty, however, the cells that my source data covers are formulas and
    > the graph is reading the formulated cells as 0 and charting it. Any
    > suggestions on how I can make my formulas appear to be empty so my
    > graph won't chart it?

    Try to get the formula to return NA(), rather than zero or a blank.
    --
    David Biddulph