help with chart wizard

  1. #1
    Silvia
    Guest

    help with chart wizard

    I am creating a chart based on 2 data series. (there is 28 inputs in each
    column). I would like to create stacked column chart but it does not work for
    28 inputs. It works only for 7 inputs where it shows whole colmuns and color
    devision but after that it shows as plane lines (sticks) instead of
    columns....please help

    thanks

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: help with chart wizard

    28 columns would be pretty thin anyway, and the default is that the space
    between them (the "Gap Width") is 150% the width of a single column. Make
    the chart, then double click on a column, and on the Options tab, change Gap
    Width to something smaller, like 50. Also the tin columns aren't wide enough
    to show the border and the fill, so you might want to use None for the
    border, or a border color that matches the fill color.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions