Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

add horizonal color coding to values

  1. #1
    chart problems
    Guest

    add horizonal color coding to values

    I need to know how to add multiple horizontal bars to bar graphs? I have
    tried adding conditional formating to the plot area with no availe. Can
    someone explain the way to complete this task. Is there something that I can
    add to the data that will create this color coding for me? Is the another
    program I can import the chart into to alter it? Please help I have been
    trying to find a way for a month. Please reply via e-mail to [email protected].

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: add horizonal color coding to values

    Hi,

    To add multiple bars you need to have multiple rows/columns of data in
    order to create multiple series.

    You will not be able to conditional format the plotarea without the use
    of vba code. What you might be able to do is use are dummy data series
    that fill the plot area. These dummy series can be made conditional. See
    Jon's page for examples of conditional charts.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nalChart1.html

    Cheers
    Andy

    --