How to insert superscripted value in Y-axis title of excel sheet

  1. #1
    kapatia
    Guest

    How to insert superscripted value in Y-axis title of excel sheet

    I tried to write suprscripted variable in y-title of the excel chart (located
    in work sheet). It gave the superscript at the extreme top, text direction 90
    degrees, (not with the text desired). Where am I going wrong in putting the
    superscript through format axis? Moreover I could not re-size the text boxes.
    Please advice and help me out.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How to insert superscripted value in Y-axis title of excel sheet

    To superscript a character in a run of text, click so that the cursor is blinking in
    the text, then select the character and press Ctrl+1 (numeral one) to open the
    Format dialog. Format the character as superscripted.

    Axis titles, chart titles, and data labels are not true text boxes. Although they
    have the black square handles, they are not resizable. Maybe in the next version....

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

  3. #3
    How to put superscript in axis title?
    Guest

    Re: How to insert superscripted value in Y-axis title of excel she

    It does not work (with MS Excel 2003). I have the same problem.

  4. #4

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How to insert superscripted value in Y-axis title of excel she

    It sure does work in Excel 97-2003 on a chart title, axis title, data label,
    and text box, as long as the text element is not linked to the text in a
    cell. What text element is not working for you, and is it linked to a cell's
    text?

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Akrum
    Guest

    Re: How to insert superscripted value in Y-axis title of excel she

    If you select a non TT font like MS San Serif the entire Vertical Axix Title
    will show. i hope this will help.

    Akrum