Format Chart Title Alignment Vertical doesn't work

  1. #1
    mjones
    Guest

    Format Chart Title Alignment Vertical doesn't work

    Hi all,

    I want my title flush with the top of the chart area so when I put it
    in my Word document, it lines up with the top of the other columns,
    but...

    Changing to top, bottom or center doesn't do anything. I'm using Excel
    2003 SP2 fully updated.

    Does anyone else have this problem,i.e. click on the title box,
    alignment tab?

    Thanks,

    Michele

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Format Chart Title Alignment Vertical doesn't work

    Hi,

    The alignment refers to the text within the bounds of the chart title
    textbox and not the chart titles position relative to the chart area.
    As the chart title textbox is not a true textbox the vertical alignment
    has little or no effect. The horizontal alignment only has effect if the
    chart title contains multiple lines.

    To position the chart title you will either manually drag it with the
    mouse or use vba code.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    mjones
    Guest

    Re: Format Chart Title Alignment Vertical doesn't work

    Thanks Andy. It's too bad because there is lots room in the text box
    to move up and down. It's already at the top so I guess I have to go
    with option B, the VBA code, but I don't really know how to do that.
    Thanks again.

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Format Chart Title Alignment Vertical doesn't work

    Hi,

    This will position the chart title top left.

    Activechart.charttitle.left=1
    Activechart.charttitle.top=1

    Cheers
    Andy