Pivot Table

  1. #1

    Pivot Table

    We run a pivot table based off of data that is broken down by shipments, the problem we run into when doing this is that the shipment count exceeds the maximum number of lines in a worksheet so we often have to create one pivot table per quarter.

    We are looking for a way to merge data from two separate worksheets in the same book into one pivot table. Is this possible?

    Chris Nelson

  2. #2
    Alex van der Spek
    Guest

    Re: Pivot Table

    On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 14:12:14 -0500, chrisnelsonusa1 wrote:

    > We run a pivot table based off of data that is broken down by shipments,
    > the problem we run into when doing this is that the shipment count
    > exceeds the maximum number of lines in a worksheet so we often have to
    > create one pivot table per quarter.
    >
    > We are looking for a way to merge data from two separate worksheets in
    > the same book into one pivot table. Is this possible?
    >
    > Chris Nelson

    Yes, there are several ways to handle this.

    Easiest is to base the pivot table on multiple consolidation ranges.

    Another method is to not have your database in an Excel worksheet but as a
    sseparate text file. You will need to query that file using the text
    driver in query.