show multiple values that add to total in bar graph

  1. #1
    Green Goose 89
    Guest

    show multiple values that add to total in bar graph

    Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that
    add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I
    want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these
    segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the
    color. HELP!!!! Thanks!

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: show multiple values that add to total in bar graph

    Hi,

    Is that not what the stacked column chart does?

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Tim
    Guest

    Re: show multiple values that add to total in bar graph

    I'm having trouble with a specfic use for stacked charts. Right now my
    axis are Date and value, with serises being categorys. It's currently
    just clusterd. My categorys are just logins/attemps for diffrent user
    groups. I'm trying turn each of the bars for the groups into a stacked
    bar so you can tell which are failed and whcih are sucessful. Basicly
    I have no idea how to format the data into excel in a good manner for
    this.

    I'v seen examples of clusters/stacked graphs
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-ca;214119
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

    But the data doesn't seem to be displayed in the same manner I am
    trying to Acomplish.

    If you look at the CLusterStack.html example I basicly need the
    clusters to contain of my Categorys each one getting it's own bar for
    each date. Then each bar should be split into 2 diffrent displays.

    At the very least can anyone confrim if this is possible?