Controlling line colors/styles in excel charts

  1. #1
    Rich
    Guest

    Controlling line colors/styles in excel charts

    I have a chart with a pair of lines(forecast,actual) for each product in a
    group. I am trying to figure out how to format the lines so that: 1) the
    actual lines are solid, 2) the forecasts are dashed, and 3) each products
    pair of lines has the same color.

    I can do this manually for a chart, but I will have a series of these groups
    each with a different number of products. Is there a way to set the formats
    based on the row(or series name) in the data sheet?

    Thanks,

    Rich

  2. #2
    HEK
    Guest

    RE: Controlling line colors/styles in excel charts

    Rich:
    You can give yr chart the formatting you want, including the desired
    appearances for gridlines, plot area, axes, etc, and save it as a template.
    Finish yr first chart, right-click it and select Chart Type. In the left
    under corner select "User-defined". An "Add" button appears. Click it and
    choose an appropriate name.
    Now for any new chart you make in the future for which you want this format
    just select this 'user-defined' template and you'r in business.
    HTH,
    GL,
    Henk

  3. #3
    Rich
    Guest

    RE: Controlling line colors/styles in excel charts

    Henk,

    Thanks! That looks like it does exactly whaty I need.

    Rich