How do I not lose formarting when I refresh a PivotChart Report?

  1. #1
    jpgrimes22
    Guest

    How do I not lose formarting when I refresh a PivotChart Report?

    When I am refreshing data on my user-defined format of my pivotcharts excel
    does not revert back to my format. How do I stop this from occuring?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How do I not lose formarting when I refresh a PivotChart Report?

    This is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the
    following MSKB article, which suggests recording a macro as you apply
    the formatting:

    Changing a PivotChart removes series formatting in Excel
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

    You could record a macro as you select and refresh the pivot table, and
    format the chart. Run that macro when you want to refresh the pivot table.

    For information on using macros, see David McRitchie's site:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures