pivot chart colors- how to keep from changing when data elements are added/removed?

  1. #1
    KR
    Guest

    pivot chart colors- how to keep from changing when data elements are added/removed?

    I have a pivot chart with a bunch of data series, and every time we
    include/exclude one of the series to see how the chart changes, all the
    colors change and we have to spend time re-identifying which series is
    which, using the legend to check the colors.

    Is there a way to "lock" the colors, so that the bars stay the same colors
    regardless of whether other bars are included/excluded?

    Thanks!
    Keith

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: pivot chart colors- how to keep from changing when data elementsare added/removed?

    Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's
    information in the following MSKB article, which suggests recording a
    macro as you apply the formatting:

    Changing a PivotChart removes series formatting in Excel
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

    You could record a macro as you format the chart, and change the
    recorded series number to names. Then run that macro after you change
    the pivot table.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures