X axis labels won't line up under corresponding column data - help!

  1. #1
    Janet
    Guest

    X axis labels won't line up under corresponding column data - help!

    Only way I can get dates (year 1998, 1999 and on etc) to fall under
    annual income columns is to horse around with spacing, adding and
    subtracting spaces in the category axis drop-down box in Chart Options.
    Seems you can't even use the same number of spaces between each because
    if you add between two of them, adding the same number of spaces
    doesn'tnecessarily work between the next two. I have about 8 charts to
    mess with and can't find an easy way to do this.

  2. #2
    R..VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: X axis labels won't line up under corresponding column data - help!

    did you try this

    righclcik x axis, clcik <format axis>
    choose <scale>
    UNCHECK <value(y) axis crosed between categories.

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Janet

    R..VENKATARAMAN wrote:
    > did you try this
    >
    > righclcik x axis, clcik <format axis>
    > choose <scale>
    > UNCHECK <value(y) axis crosed between categories.
    >

    > "Janet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:%[email protected]...
    >
    >>Only way I can get dates (year 1998, 1999 and on etc) to fall under annual
    >>income columns is to horse around with spacing, adding and subtracting
    >>spaces in the category axis drop-down box in Chart Options. Seems you
    >>can't even use the same number of spaces between each because if you add
    >>between two of them, adding the same number of spaces doesn'tnecessarily
    >>work between the next two. I have about 8 charts to mess with and can't
    >>find an easy way to do this.

    Thank you! When I right click on the x axis at bottom of the chart I get
    the screen with patterns, fonts etc. This one shows "auto scale" only
    under the pattern part. I tried both checked and unchecked. no difference.
    When I go to format axis in the Chart Options part it is there that I
    have entered my dates in the drop-down box for x axis. If I uncheck the
    y value, I lose my income amounts, ic 10,000, 20,000, 30,000 etc. I dont
    understand the "axis crossed between categories" business so don't know
    that to do with that instruction. If I click on the x axis category in
    the Chart Options part, and look at the "What does this mean?" answer
    that makes even less sense to me. It is about line breaks or something.
    Anyhow, thanks for your reply and if you can elaborate any further, I
    would love you.