How do I save new colour schemes for graphs in the colour template

  1. #1
    Alison
    Guest

    How do I save new colour schemes for graphs in the colour template

    I am creating a powerpoint template and want to have specific colours always
    availalbe to me in the default colour pallette when inserting graphs. How do
    I do that? I know how to select different colours, but don't know how to add
    them as default colours.

  2. #2
    HEK
    Guest

    RE: How do I save new colour schemes for graphs in the colour template

    Alison, go to Tools/Options/[Color]. The colours under the thin line
    labelled with "Chart fills" and "Chart lines" respectively are the colours
    Excel uses when generating a chart, the first with the most left one, etc.
    Simply change them there and when you save yr Excel file the scheme will be
    kept for this file. The scheme can be copied to an empty Excel file which
    you can use next time as template.
    BTW, if you use the same type of chart over and over, a more efficient
    option may be to create yr chart with default colours and settings and add
    this as custom-built template.
    HTH,
    Henk