Charting Data to Compare

  1. #1
    Karen
    Guest

    Charting Data to Compare

    I have the following data to chart (Using Excel 2003)
    It's for several different hospitals and I want a chart for each hospital.
    I want to compare 4 quarters from the year 2005 & 2006 (side by side) in a
    bar graph for each year and then the YTD data as well (side by side). The
    YTD is the sum of the 4 quarters. I want this all on one chart. The data is
    as follows:

    Hospital XYZ

    Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 YTD
    2005 2134 1958 2647 2016 8755
    2006 2149 2034 2457 2314 8954

    The chart will have 10 bars, Q1 side by side, Q2 side by side and so on...
    How should I group the data in order to achieve this end result?

    ANY help would be greatly appreciated, Karen

  2. #2
    HEK
    Guest

    RE: Charting Data to Compare

    Just select the range as you entered in this post. Make sure to select also
    the empty cell in the left upper corner. If this empty cell is A1, select
    the rectangle A1:F3, and follow the chart wizzard.
    GL,
    Henk

  3. #3
    rulerz
    Guest

    Re: Charting Data to Compare

    Sorry...not much help from me but a quick quesiton....
    Is there any way we can show the above data in the form of a bar chart?
    Would appreciate help in this matter....Thanks
    -rulerz

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Charting Data to Compare

    In step 1 of the Chart Wizard, you get to choose from a wide variety of
    chart types. Did you try it? What didn't work?

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    rulerz
    Guest

    Re: Charting Data to Compare

    Oh I meant doing it with the help of vb code. I am sorry I was not
    clear about that one.
    Can it be done through code?
    If so, I will be thankful for any suggestions.
    -rulerz

  6. #6
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Charting Data to Compare

    If you can do it manually, turn on the macro recorder while you do it. Then
    make adjustments to the resulting code.

    - Jon
    -------

  7. #7