In EXCEL, how do I make date-time the x-axis of a plot??????

  1. #1
    hic
    Guest

    In EXCEL, how do I make date-time the x-axis of a plot??????

    Under Format/Cells/Date (or Time) I can pick a Type as 3/14/01 1:30 PM. And
    entering that within a cell works fine. But if I try to use that column as
    the x-axis of a graph it only supports the date. For example a value for a
    reading at 3/14/01 1:30 PM and one given for 3/14/01 2:30 PM will appear as
    two events both given as 3/14/01. The date part is the x-axis, but the time
    part is simply lost.

    How can I make both date and time be on the x-axis, so two events at
    different times on the same day will show up separately?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: In EXCEL, how do I make date-time the x-axis of a plot??????

    You have to use an XY chart to get thee fractional days (i.e., the times) to
    appear.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP