Including data in data table but not charting as a series or point

  1. #1
    pepper76
    Guest

    Including data in data table but not charting as a series or point

    I need to chart monthly totals including YTD. When I include YTD in the data
    table, then the wizard also charts YTD totals as a series or point. How can
    I see the YTD totals in the data table but NOT include it in the charting of
    my other monthly totals from the data table?

  2. #2
    HEK
    Guest

    RE: Including data in data table but not charting as a series or point

    Hi:
    One option is to can make the data series for YTD invisible by choosing the
    same colours for the data as for the background.
    HTH,
    Henk

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Including data in data table but not charting as a series or point

    Or use "None" for line, marker, area, etc.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    pepper76
    Guest

    Re: Including data in data table but not charting as a series or p

    I should clarify.
    My series includes both monthly and YTD totals. Is there something
    different I should do in order to print the YTD totals in the data table, but
    not have the YTD totals graphed in the table?

  5. #5
    pepper76

  6. #6
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Including data in data table but not charting as a series or p

    If you want the data in the data table, it must be charted. Henk and I
    elaborated on ways to make the charted series invisible.

    Another option is to make your data table in the worksheet, either in the
    cells next to the chart, or make the table elsewhere and use the camera tool
    to put a dynamic copy of the table on or near the chart. Tushar Mehta
    describes some data table alternatives on his web site
    (http://tushar-mehta.com).

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP