Don't include category X labels if row empty

  1. #1
    Sally Poyzer
    Guest

    Don't include category X labels if row empty

    Hi

    I have a table that looks a bit like this:

    ABC XYZ
    General Review 2.8 0.5
    2 Month Review
    3 Month Review 2.6
    ERIT Review 3.5
    Physio Review 16 4
    Pain Review
    WAD Review
    Low Back Review 4 2

    Each month the number will change for each row, some months they will be
    entirely blank, other months they will contain numbers.

    I only want the chart to show the review type on the Category X axis if
    there is data in either column ABC or XYZ. In other words, this month should
    not show 2 Month Review, Pain Review or WAD Review.

    I've been reading all the posts about dynamic charts - but that doesn't suit
    because my zero values are dotted throughout the table - not just at the end.
    Changing the formula to display #N/A doesn't work either - the label is
    still there on the x-axis.

    Does anyone have any other ideas?

    Thanks for your help.

    Sally

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Don't include category X labels if row empty

    Select the range and apply an AutoFilter (Date menu > Filter > AutoFilter).
    Click the down arrow next to ABC and select Nonblanks. The hidden rows with
    blanks will not appear in the chart, because by default, hidden cells are
    not plotted.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP