Input range

  1. #1
    Irishrose28
    Guest

    Input range

    I am trying to create a histogram When I click on create a histogram, a
    screen comes up to add input range and bin range. I am not sure how to add
    this information. I have tried may different things but it keeps telling me
    I am not doing the right thing.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Input range

    The input range is your list of values. The bin range is the numbers
    representing the bins you want applied to the histogram. The bin values are
    the top of each bin range, so if you want 0-1, 1-2, 2-3, etc, your bin range
    should include 1, 2, 3, etc. Also, specify one additional bin, for any
    values > the largest bin value you supply.

    You can have Excel make its own bins, as well. You might try this just to
    see how the Histogram tool works.

    Here's a web page with some histogram examples. I generally bypass the
    Histogram tool in favor of making my own calculations and charts.

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP