Plotting Cummulative Data In A Line Graph

  1. #1
    tkeith
    Guest

    Plotting Cummulative Data In A Line Graph

    I need help figuring out how to plot cummulative data. I have product and
    sales data in a table, broken down by quarter. For each product I want to use
    a line graph to show cummulative sales over time.

    For example, Product A has Q1 sales of $1M, Q2 of $1.5M, Q3 of $1.25M and Q4
    of $1M. So the first point would be at 1M, #2 at 2.5M, #3 at 3.75 and # 4 at
    4.75.

    I can't find which format to use to make this kind of graph.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Plotting Cummulative Data In A Line Graph

    Hi,

    The chart will not do this itself. You need to use a helper column to
    calculate the accumulated values and then plot those values.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    tkeith
    Guest

    Re: Plotting Cummulative Data In A Line Graph

    I was afraid of that. Thanks.