Simple scatter style chart help

  1. #1
    Andy the Yeti
    Guest

    Simple scatter style chart help

    Hi, this may get the stupid post of the day award! But I hope someone can
    point me in the right direction, I am trying to create a simple chart. That
    will read from just two sets of data.

    for example:
    X Y
    A 210 5
    B 350 7
    C 422 10
    D 100 3
    E 127 6
    F 499 1

    So using the above data, I would like to create a chart that will place a
    single marker for where each of the points meet for A B C etc. When I try
    using scatter charts I get two points for each line (ie A, B etc)

    Thank for any help or direction
    regards
    Andy

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Simple scatter style chart help

    Hi,

    Create your xy-scatter chart using the chart wizard but only select the
    actual xy values when you do it.

    If you then want to have data labels which display A, B, C etc you will
    need to either link the data labels to the cells manually.
    http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

    Or better still use one of these free addin.

    Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler from
    http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm and

    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools
    http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm