Create and customize axis on all sides of charts

  1. #1
    Nicholas
    Guest

    Create and customize axis on all sides of charts

    It would be very helpful, especially for large charts, to be able to
    define/create an axis for all sides of the chart. Currently you can only
    have a secondary axis if you have multiple data sets in the chart, but it
    would be great if you were able to have the chart print the secondary axis
    even with a single data set. If this was possible, it would make sense to
    have each axis be independent of the others, allowing for custom scale,
    units, formatting, etc.

    We have several professors asking for this feature, and currently they have
    to kludge the chart to get it. For the sake of my own sanity, *please*
    implement this in Excel 2007

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.charting

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Create and customize axis on all sides of charts

    You can very easily add the secondary series that has two points: the
    maximum X and Y and the minimum X and Y, then hide the points. If the axes
    are scaled automatically, then the opposite pairs will match up.

    If you have to hack at the chart to get additional custom axes, you will
    continue to have to do so. The only apparent improvements to charts in Excel
    2007 are in the ability to use more colors and fill effects than ever
    before.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP