+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Hide Zero Values

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-03-2007
    Posts
    39

    Unhappy Hide Zero Values

    This has to be possible but I've reached the end of my teather, please can someone come to my rescue!

    I've created a chart based on source data for the next 12 months (to avoid having to change source data every month). The table this is sourcing data from contains all kinds of formulas based on a separate worksheet. Where data in the table is yet to be populated it displays 0's. The chart therefore is displaying 0's for the months that data doesn't exist for.

    I've changed all the formula's in the table to not display 0's using IF statements, but this hasn't worked either.

    Can someone tell me how to make a chart not display zero values PLEASE?!?!?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Join Date
    03-13-2005
    Posts
    6,196
    Quote Originally Posted by winnie_shrub
    This has to be possible but I've reached the end of my teather, please can someone come to my rescue!

    I've created a chart based on source data for the next 12 months (to avoid having to change source data every month). The table this is sourcing data from contains all kinds of formulas based on a separate worksheet. Where data in the table is yet to be populated it displays 0's. The chart therefore is displaying 0's for the months that data doesn't exist for.

    I've changed all the formula's in the table to not display 0's using IF statements, but this hasn't worked either.

    Can someone tell me how to make a chart not display zero values PLEASE?!?!?
    Hi,
    not sure how you would use 'If' statements but to not display you would need to have the cell shown as #N/A and not as zero.

    If you post a small sample file it would be easier to check what you have done.

    ---
    Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-03-2007
    Posts
    39
    Thanks so much. Have changed the IF statements in the table to return #N/A if the value is zero and it seems to be working just as I need it to.

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Join Date
    03-13-2005
    Posts
    6,196
    Quote Originally Posted by winnie_shrub
    Thanks so much. Have changed the IF statements in the table to return #N/A if the value is zero and it seems to be working just as I need it to.
    good to see, and thanks for your response.
    ---

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-10-2007
    Location
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Posts
    1

    Use quote marks and a space

    I've used " " (Quote marks, space bar, quote marks) as a value in an IF statement to get a blank cell as a result.

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    Join Date
    03-13-2005
    Posts
    6,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Turkey
    I've used " " (Quote marks, space bar, quote marks) as a value in an IF statement to get a blank cell as a result.
    Hi,

    that will give you a blank-looking cell, but will cause problems for you later. Testing for ="" (ie, Blank) will not find your cells, and the chart will still display the value as zero, which the OP was trying to avoid.

    Using #N/A (and not "#N/A" ) allows the chart, on request, to ignore that value.

    ---

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 1