Creating a stacked column chart with percentage in the graph

  1. #1
    MQ
    Guest

    Creating a stacked column chart with percentage in the graph

    I have retrieve this result (pivot table) from my raw data:

    ---------------------+----------+
    Count of student | Grade |
    ---------------------+----------+----------+-----------------+
    Class | 1 | 2 | Grand Total |
    ---------------------+----------+----------+-----------------+
    A | 5 | 4 | 9 |
    ---------------------+----------+----------+-----------------+
    B | 2 | 3 | 5 |
    ---------------------+----------+----------+-----------------+
    C | 5 | 3 | 8 |
    ---------------------+----------+----------+-----------------+

    If I would like to create a stacked column chart with 100% for each class
    but the y-axis 's value should be the as the number of students, may I know
    if there is any way that i can create this? percentage is calculated using
    (Grand Total / grade) , example:

    for Class C, grade 1:
    Percentage will be: (5/8) * 100 = 62.5%

    Graph should be :
    X - axis: Unit Name
    Y - axis: No of users
    In each line of the units should reflect the percentage of each grade for
    each unit

    Appreciate any advises!

  2. #2
    MQ
    Guest

    RE: Creating a stacked column chart with percentage in the graph

    Sorry ,Graph should be :
    X - axis: Class Name
    Y - axis: No of students
    In each line of the class should reflect the percentage of each grade for
    each unit

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Creating a stacked column chart with percentage in the graph

    Sounds like you want a stacked chart, not a stacked 100% chart. For the
    labels, calculate them in a nearby range, then use one of these Excel
    add-ins to apply labels from this range to the chart series:

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

    They're both free and easy to use.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    MQ
    Guest

    Re: Creating a stacked column chart with percentage in the graph

    Hi Jon,

    Thanks for your advise.

  5. #5
    Mumbai, India
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Creating a stacked column chart with percentage in the graph

    I am trying to create a similar chart. Can someone help me

    Quote Originally Posted by MQ View Post
    Hi Jon,

    Thanks for your advise.