Help Needed to Extract Data from Text - Newest Challenge

  1. #1
    Miami
    MS-Off Ver
    2019, 365, MAC

    Help Needed to Extract Data from Text - Newest Challenge

    To my favorite experts - I need to enlist your assistance once again:

    I need to put together a timeline from the headers of email. I am copying and pasting the header into a cell.
    Is there any way to extract the information from line 2below? In this case, it would be returning: Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:43 AM
  2. #2
    Forum Moderator Glenn Kennedy's Avatar
    Digital Nomad... occasionally based in Ireland.
    MS-Off Ver
    O365 (PC) V 2403
    Posts
    43,959

    Re: Help Needed to Extract Data from Text - Newest Challenge

    Not difficult, but it would save time if you posted a sheet containing all the relevant stuff in one cell, as requested
    .
    Glenn

    None of us get paid for helping you... we do this for fun. So DON'T FORGET to say "Thank You" to all who have freely given some of their time to help YOU.

    Temporary addition of accented to illustrate ongoing problem to the TT: L? fh?ile P?draig sona dhaoibh

  3. #3
    Forum Guru
    NJ
    MS-Off Ver
    13,582

    Re: Help Needed to Extract Data from Text - Newest Challenge

    Try
    =MID(A1,SEARCH("Sent:",A1),SEARCH("To:",A1)-SEARCH("Sent:",A1)-1)
    ChemistB
    My 2?

    substitute commas with semi-colons if your region settings requires
    Don't forget to mark threads as "Solved" (Edit First post>Advanced>Change Prefix)
    If I helped, Don't forget to add to my reputation (click on the little star at bottom of this post)

    Forum Rules: How to use code tags, mark a thread solved, and keep yourself out of trouble

  4. #4
    Forum Moderator Glenn Kennedy's Avatar
    Digital Nomad... occasionally based in Ireland.
    MS-Off Ver
    O365 (PC) V 2403
    Posts
    43,959

    Re: Help Needed to Extract Data from Text - Newest Challenge

    Try this out, assuming your data are in A1:

    Formula: copy to clipboard

  5. #5
    Forum Moderator Glenn Kennedy's Avatar
    Digital Nomad... occasionally based in Ireland.
    MS-Off Ver
    O365 (PC) V 2403
    Posts
    43,959

    Re: Help Needed to Extract Data from Text - Newest Challenge

    Go with Chemist B, I removed the "Sent:" in error...

  6. #6
    Miami
    MS-Off Ver
    2019, 365, MAC

    Re: Help Needed to Extract Data from Text - Newest Challenge

    ChemistB and Glen- Thank you so much. GREATLY appreciated.

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] Help Needed to Extract Data from Text
    By dbsbender in forum Excel Formulas & Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2014, 07:20 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-16-2014, 11:35 AM
  3. Arranging Pivot table data from Newest to oldest to Newest does not appear
    By paradise2sr in forum Excel Formulas & Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-08-2014, 06:53 AM
  4. [SOLVED] Help needed on how to extract substrings from comma delimited text
    By kknb0800 in forum Excel Formulas & Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-18-2013, 03:18 PM
  5. Extract newest file from directory
    By rclark430 in forum Excel Programming / VBA / Macros
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 08:33 AM