I am having a simple translation problem with excel. I have made a calculator in Apple Numbers but when I export an csv excel file the function stops working and so too do the dropdowns. I will be able to figure out how to make dropdowns but its my basic problem with the function that i will need help with.
Basically I have three kinds of safari accommodation that range in price according to the number of people . i have made a calculator that with drop downs allows users to choose the kind of accommodation. The vlookup is then supposed to use a second dropdown that gives number-of-people-options to look up the price from a table. I managed to get the function to work in google docs also using a slightly different dialect but when i output the file from google docs it also does not play nice with excel. Basically the function is in the first cell of the results sheet.
Here is what the calculator looks like in Apple Numbers:
And here is the calculator working on google docs:
If someone can offer me a clue for how to speak excel I would be most grateful. Thanks, Jamie in Kenya
I have attached the not working excel file that was output by numbers for what its worth.