PERCENTILE with an IF Clause

  1. #1
    Zeelotes
    Guest

    PERCENTILE with an IF Clause

    I'm attempting to find the Percentile of a column of numbers when a certain
    condition is met based on another column. For some reason or other with the
    Percentile I cannot get this to work. I use it all the time with many other
    functions. What is it about the Percentile that produces the errors?

    Here is my formula:

    =IF($K$22:$K$4880=2,PERCENTILE($I$22:$I$4880,$A3))

    The values in column K must be equal to two in order for the percentile
    function to be applied to the values in column I. Where am I going wrong
    here? Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: PERCENTILE with an IF Clause

    Try this

    =PERCENTILE(IF($K$22:$K$4880=2,$I$22:$I$4880),$A3)

    it is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Zeelotes
    Guest

    Re: PERCENTILE with an IF Clause

    HTH: Wow! That does it perfectly. I thought I had tried every combination
    but I must have missed this one. Thanks a million!

  4. #4
    ny
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: PERCENTILE with an IF Clause

    another winner from the vault.
    found this almost thread immediately via goog
    thanks from the year 2016! lol