Excel Time Sheet - Rounding To Quarter Hours

  1. #1
    C A
    Guest

    Excel Time Sheet - Rounding To Quarter Hours

    I've got a daily time-tracking spreadsheet. The formula in A4 is:

    =(A2<A1)+A2-A1+(A3<B2)+A3-B2

    (A1 = Start Time, A2 = Lunch Begin, B2 = Lunch End, A3 = End Time, A4 =
    Total Hours Worked)

    Formatted as "[h]:mm"

    The formula works great, but I need the total hours to be rounded to the
    nearest quarter hour (.00, .25, .50, .75) Right now, if the total is 7 and a
    half hours, it comes out as "7.30"

    I've sent this question in previously and I believe the answer was to
    multiply the total by a number (can't remember what it was), but I needed to
    know how to fit that into the formula above properly and don't remember
    getting a response from that question.

    Hope that isn't too confusing.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Excel Time Sheet - Rounding To Quarter Hours

    Multiply with 24

    (your_formula)*24

    to round to the nearest .25 (15 minutes in decimal form)

    =ROUND(((your_formula)*24)/0.25,0)*0.25

    format as general, with 10:21 as result it returns 10.25

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    C A
    Guest

    Re: Excel Time Sheet - Rounding To Quarter Hours

    EXCELLENT. Thank you!

  4. #4
    USA
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: Excel Time Sheet - Rounding To Quarter Hours

    Hello,

    I'm brand new to the forum and I am looking to get help cacluating hours worked by 40+ employees. I would like to calculate hours worked minus lunch in minutes and then being able to round to the quarter.
    With our time cards if you work 8 minutes that rounds to 15 minutes. So I would be looking to have it calculate to 8.25 (8 hours and 15 minutes) 8.5 (8 hours and 30 minutes) and 8.75 (8 hours and 45 minutes).

    I've been looking at the different formulas to calculate the hours worked. The report I run brings me lunch times in minutes. Is there a way to have a formula to include the total lunch minutes rather than the lunch start and stop time?

    Thank you in advance!

  5. #5
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,939

    Re: Excel Time Sheet - Rounding To Quarter Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by shanny24 View Post
    Hello,

    I'm brand new to the forum and I am looking to get help cacluating hours worked by 40+ employees. I would like to calculate hours worked minus lunch in minutes and then being able to round to the quarter.
    With our time cards if you work 8 minutes that rounds to 15 minutes. So I would be looking to have it calculate to 8.25 (8 hours and 15 minutes) 8.5 (8 hours and 30 minutes) and 8.75 (8 hours and 45 minutes).

    I've been looking at the different formulas to calculate the hours worked. The report I run brings me lunch times in minutes. Is there a way to have a formula to include the total lunch minutes rather than the lunch start and stop time?

    Thank you in advance!
    Administrative Note:

    We are happy to help, however whilst you feel your request is similar to this thread, experience has shown that things soon get confusing when answers refer to particular cells/ranges/sheets which are unique to your post and not relevant to the original.

    Please see Forum Rule #4 about hijacking and start a new thread for your query.

    If you are not familiar with how to start a new thread see the FAQ: How to start a new thread
    1. Use code tags for VBA. [code] Your Code [/code] (or use the # button)
    2. If your question is resolved, mark it SOLVED using the thread tools
    3. Click on the star if you think someone helped you

    Regards
    Ford