Future Value

  1. #1
    Paul Ilacqua
    Guest

    Future Value

    I'm sick and tired of looking at canned Financial Calculators differing
    results.
    I want to calculate how long a fixed value of money will last based on a
    "Current Value", "Interest rate", "withdrawl". I also want to do a month by
    month table of the above can someone tell me if this is possible?

    Paul

  2. #2
    Don
    Guest

    Re: Future Value

    Paul,

    Use
    =NPER(0.07/12,-200,11731.39,0)

    Think about it in terms of you holding a 7.0% mortgage note with a balance
    of $11,731.39 and the borrower having to pay you $200 a month until the
    mortgage was paid off. You would receive $200 each month for 72 months or 6
    years.

    Don

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: Future Value

    To do the month by month analysis, you need to prepare an amortization
    table. While many templates exist for this, I always do my own.

    You need five columns: Month, Opening Balance, Payment, Interest, Closing
    Balance
    Opening Balance = initial value of loan/investment on row 1or Closing
    Balance from previous row
    Interest = Opening Balance * Rate / #periodsperyear (12 in your case)
    Closing Balance = Opening Balance - Payment + Interest

    Copy down until Closing Balance gets to zero.

    Fred
    Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail

  4. #4
    Paul Ilacqua
    Guest

    Re: Future Value

    Fred,
    Thanks so much... taht's just what I needed.
    Paul
    news:[email protected]...