using text with a function

  1. #1
    J.W.
    Guest

    using text with a function

    How do you use text with a simple function in the same cell.
    Example:
    =B54/4.5 this would show up as 5
    I would like it to read:
    Total 5, or
    5 Total
    ?? =B54/4.5,"Total" ?? This of course does not work. Any help with this
    would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

  2. #2
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: using text with a function

    type

    ="total" & " " & B54/4.5

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: using text with a function

    J.W

    A formula like this will work

    ="Total "&B54/4.5

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS

  4. #4
    KL
    Guest

    Re: using text with a function

    In addition to previous replies, if you want to preserve the format of the
    numbers you get you can use the TEXT() function:

    ="Total " & TEXT(B54/4.5,"0.00")

    or

    ="Total " & TEXT(B54/4.5,"0.0%")

    or

    ="Total " & TEXT(B54/4.5,"#,##0")

    etc. etc.

    Regards,
    KL

  5. #5
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: using text with a function

    You can also custom format the formula cell as:

    "Total "0.00

  6. #6
    J.W.
    Guest

    RE: using text with a function

    Thank you all, very helpfull and they worked the way I wanted.
    Thanks!