data sort by highlighted or coloured cell

  1. #1
    aplex
    Guest

    data sort by highlighted or coloured cell

    does anyone know if this is possible... rather unconveniently a person has
    highlighted in red about 400/500 or so rows within a 12,000 row data spread.
    Apart from thinking how long that must of taken I know need to sort these, is
    there a way that anyone knows? I've tried looking into conditional formating
    and data sorting but couldn't find anything. Otherwise it's a trawl through
    the spreadsheet for me... thanks, A.

  2. #2
    Frank Kabel
    Guest

    Re: data sort by highlighted or coloured cell

    Hi
    see:
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

    --