product sum per month per customer

  1. #1
    Pete Petersen
    Guest

    product sum per month per customer

    I know you would normally use a pivot table for this but i am trying to add
    this to a master sheet.

    Customer Sheet (static sheet)
    Column A Column B Column C
    list of all customers Jan Feb

    Commissions (sorted by date sold...refreshable)
    Column A Column B Column C
    list of customers Date Sold Margin

    I want to do a check from Customer to Commission on the customer..if they
    equal then i want to add all the product margin for January and dump it into
    Customer!:B2.

    Commissions only shows for 2005 so I am not trying to pull year over year.

    Thank you for any help that can be given. PETE

  2. #2
    Frank Kabel
    Guest

    Re: product sum per month per customer

    Hi
    is there already a value in B2?. If yes then you can't use a formula as a
    cell can either return a value OR a formula

    --
    Regards
    Frank Kabel

  3. #3
    Pete Petersen
    Guest

    Re: product sum per month per customer

    No there is no value in Customer!:B2...i am trying to put the value there
    based on the sum for that customer. Those values would be added up for a
    specific time range (January) based on the customer.