The 'DATEDIF' Function is not listed on my Excel program.

  1. #1
    UOF
    Guest

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: The 'DATEDIF' Function is not listed on my Excel program.

    Have you tried to use it though?

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: The 'DATEDIF' Function is not listed on my Excel program.

    See

    http://cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

  4. #4
    UOF
    Guest

    Re: The 'DATEDIF' Function is not listed on my Excel program.

    How can you use it if it's not there? Do you mean just type in the function?
    Dave

  5. #5
    UOF
    Guest

    Re: The 'DATEDIF' Function is not listed on my Excel program.

    Hi
    I checked the link but could see nothing about the fact that the function
    does not appear in the list of functions under 'insert'. So I can't insert
    it. Is there another way to put the function in? I've tried just typing it in
    but that doesn't work.
    Thanks,
    Dave

  6. #6
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: The 'DATEDIF' Function is not listed on my Excel program.

    What does "that doesn't work" mean? Do you get an error? an incorrect
    value? a crash?

    AFAIR, I've never used Insert/Function, but you should always be able to
    type function in.

  7. #7
    Frank Kabel
    Guest

    Re: The 'DATEDIF' Function is not listed on my Excel program.

    Hi
    yes exactly :-)
    DATEDIF is one of the undocumented feature of Excel (I think only in Excel
    2000 or 2002 it was included in help)

    --
    Regards
    Frank Kabel
    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: The 'DATEDIF' Function is not listed on my Excel program.

    Put a date in A1, another date in B1, then in C1

    =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"y")

    See Chip's page for the variations.