Protecting specific cells in a worksheet.

  1. #1
    GaryS
    Guest

    Protecting specific cells in a worksheet.

    How can I protect certain cells in a worksheet which contain text, and then
    allow users to use specific cells without having to create a shared worksheet
    and password?

  2. #2
    Beverly76
    Guest

    RE: Protecting specific cells in a worksheet.

    If you rightclick on all the cells, go to format cells, protection and unlock
    them, then selectively lock the cells you want to protect, and finally
    protect the sheet under the tools bar, that should do it.

    Beverly

  3. #3
    GerryK
    Guest

    Protecting specific cells in a worksheet.

    Highlight cells for people to use by Format... Cells...
    Protection... uncheck the cell(s) to let people work in
    them.
    Protect the sheet next with Tools... Protection.