How do I increment a fill series by a number other than 1? Say I.

  1. #1
    John
    Guest

    How do I increment a fill series by a number other than 1? Say I.

    Say i want to increment by 2 in a fill How do I do that?
    Also, How do I increment a fill series =M80 by other than 1 so the next cell
    call out would be M82 then M84 etc..

  2. #2
    Kevin M
    Guest

    How do I increment a fill series by a number other than 1? Say I.

    John, if you type 2 in A1, then 4 in B1 and 6 in C1 then
    highlight the whole range, then autofill down Excel will
    get the picture and continue to autofill by increments of
    2.

    As far as highlighting every other cell, you can't.
    Unless you're talking about typing the text M80 and doing
    an auto fill from that, that's the same as above.

    HTH

    Kevin M

  3. #3
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: How do I increment a fill series by a number other than 1? Say I.

    To increment on alternate cells, assuming you wanted to fill say A3:A101 on
    odd cells, in cell B1 put =MOD(ROW(),2) and fill down to B101. Autofilter
    on the 1s.

    Type a 1 in cell A3. Select A5:A101 and do Edit / Go to / Special / Visible
    cells only. Type = and hit the Up Arrow key so it references A3 and then
    type +1 and hit CTRL+ENTER. Now just unfilter Col B

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: How do I increment a fill series by a number other than 1? Say I.

    In A1 enter 6
    In A2 enter 8
    Select A1:A2 and drag fill handle down
    You will get 6, 8, 10, 12 .....