Counting numbers in a column without including others

  1. #1
    kim11757
    Guest

    Counting numbers in a column without including others

    I have set up a time sheet (see below) I am trying to count the total of
    times tardy in a column but not include the vacation, personal, sick days:

    Anna
    855
    In
    personal
    sick
    950
    As you can see she was late two days. I only want to count those two days

  2. #2
    Dave R.
    Guest

    Re: Counting numbers in a column without including others

    What makes her late? Do you start at 8?

    You can use a formula to count numbers greater than 800.

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10>800),--ISNUMBER(A1:A10))

    I would reccomend that you stop what you're doing and take another look at
    how you're organizing that data. You'll have a tough time summarizing,
    averaging, etc. if you do it that way.

    news:[email protected]...