Set column to only allow certain codes???

  1. #1
    Buttercup
    Guest

    Set column to only allow certain codes???

    In my spreadsheet, I would like to set a column so that it will only allow
    certain codes. For example: I would like only the following written exactly
    as is here to be allowed to be entered into a column:

    AUTO

    HOME

    DP-3

    DP-2

    How can I set the column to only allow these & can I make it so it will
    display the codes for the user.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Set column to only allow certain codes???

    You can do this with Data Validation. There are instructions in Excel's
    Help files, and here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List