Merging Columns

  1. #1
    Amazincomes
    Guest

    Merging Columns

    Hello All,

    New to this malarky so I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question :-)

    I have an Excel worksheet that contains long columns of names, one with first
    names, the other with surnames. Is it possible to merge the two columns so the
    date from both appears in just one column?

    Thanks in advance...

    Seamus Houghton

    "One dream, one soul, one prize, one goal, one golden glance of what should
    be..." www.ownyours.co.uk

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Merging Columns

    Assuming your data in Cols A & B starting row 1, then in cell C1 put

    =A1&" "&B1 for merge with a space
    =A1&", "&B1 for merge with a comma and space
    =A1&" - "&B1 for merge with a space and hyphen and space

    then just copy the cell, select C2:Cxx and paste

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    "Amazincomes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello All,
    >
    > New to this malarky so I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question

    :-)