=SUMIF

  1. #1
    He4Giv
    Guest

    =SUMIF

    Hello
    I want to put my formula on sheet1 and reference columns on sheet2 for example
    =sumif(Sheet2!H2:H15=1,and if sheet2!J2:J15=9,sheet2!g2:g15))
    Basically I want to have the sumif check column H for the #1 AND aslo check
    Column J for the #9 and if it finds both numbers in any one row to grab the
    figure from the G column and put it on Sheet1.
    I tried different variations and I get either #REF or #NAME and sometimes
    the "File not found" window pops up when I try to place the formula.
    I know how to write a one senaro SUMIF but I get confused when I want it to
    check two columns and if it finds the #1 and the #9 in two columns to carry
    out the SUMIF.
    Thank you
    --
    He4Giv (****)

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: =SUMIF

    Try SUMPRODUCT:

    =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet2!H2:H15=1)*(Sheet2!J2:J15=9)*G2:G15)

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    He4Giv
    Guest

    Re: =SUMIF

    I pated your formula into the cell and edited Sheet2 to read the name on my
    tab which is BARLSIT LOG. When I did so the "File not found" window came up
    like its looking for a file and in the cell it pasted #NAME?

  4. #4
    SongBear
    Guest

    RE: =SUMIF

    =SUM(IF(Sheet3!$A$29:$A$34=1,IF(Sheet3!$C$29:$C$34=9,Sheet3!$B$29:$B$34,0),0))
    this formula was on sheet one, the table was on sheet three:

    one two three

    1 12 9

    1 14
    15 9
    The formula returned 12.

    I used an Excel wizard called the 'conditional sum wizard'. yoiu have to go
    to Tools|Addins to see if you have it to install. If it is in the list of
    available addins, check the box and OK.

    Bear

  5. #5
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: =SUMIF

    You probably left out the apostrophes that surround the
    sheet name (Excel includes them when there is a space in
    the sheet name). Rather than editing my formula, re-
    create it and click on the ranges - Excel will fill in
    the sheet name properly.

    Jason

  6. #6
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: =SUMIF

    try
    BARLSIT LOG
    ' BARLSIT LOG'

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Max
    Guest

    Re: =SUMIF

    "He4Giv" <[email protected]> wrote
    > I pated your formula into the cell and edited Sheet2 to read the name on

    my
    > tab which is BARLSIT LOG. When I did so the "File not found" window came

    up
    > like its looking for a file and in the cell it pasted #NAME?

    Think it's looking for "Sheet2",
    which presumably doesn't exist in your book.

    Its usually easier to rename your sheetname to suit the formula suggested
    first, e.g.: rename "BARLSIT LOG" to "Sheet2", then paste-in the formula and
    get it working fine.

    And then you could rename the sheet back to its original sheetname, and
    leave it to Excel to auto-adjust the formula, which would happen in this
    case.
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  8. #8
    He4Giv
    Guest

    Re: =SUMIF

    the sumproduct worked great when i added the tick marks each end, ie:'BARLIST
    LOG' and I forgot that I needed to hit CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER since its an array
    formula.
    question: If I wanted to add a 3rd senaro, or thrid column How would you
    write it?
    The thrid condition would be 'Barlist Log'!I2:I15,"BLK"

  9. #9
    Max
    Guest

    Re: =SUMIF

    > ... I needed to hit CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
    > since its an array formula.

    For SUMPRODUCT?
    Think just a normal press ENTER should do it

    > The thrid condition would be 'Barlist Log'!I2:I15,"BLK"

    Just "add-on" the criteria in the formula, like :

    =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet2!H2:H15=1)*(Sheet2!J2:J15=9)*(Sheet2!I2:I15="BLK")*G2:G15
    )

    --
    Rgds
    Max

  10. #10
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: =SUMIF

    Hi!

    =SUMPRODUCT(('Barlist Log'!H2:H15=1)*('Barlist Log'!
    I2:I15="blk")*('Barlist Log'!J2:J15=9)*G2:G15)

    No need to enter as an array formula. The SUMPRODUCT
    function accepts arrays as arguments.

    Biff